.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Blogging Bee #1

One of my favorite things about blogging is all the friends that I meet and the things that I learn from all my visits to other homesteads (a.k.a. personal blogs). I'm constantly telling my husband what I learned each day while taking a blog break.

This got me to thinking... It would be nice to share the highlights of favorite things we learn from each other. Just a quick list and a thanks to other bloggers out there doing a great job. I'm thinking it's kind of like getting together to share at a quilting bee all the good things you learned since the last bee, only it's blogging. Thus, the name "Blogging Bee'. I'm sure that women talked about new recipes, canning tips, gardening problems, and all sorts of things while they sat and stitched. And I'm just as sure that they learned new things from each other while they talked. We can do that, too, only via cyberspace!

If you'd like to participate, just grab the button for the Blogging Bee below (please check that it links to Homestead Revival - if not, please link back here) and add it to a post you write highlighting a couple of things you learned this week from another blogger that you think is terrific. It could be from a recent post or an older one; it doesn't matter. Be sure to add a link to their site in your post so others can read it, too. After all, that is one of the reasons for participating in this bee, right? Visitors will be able to move freely back and forth checking out the best of the best! Don't forget to come back and add your link to Mr. Linky below. This is the first time I've used it, so if it doesn't see to work, please let me know as soon as possible. 

Here is my example and my Blogging Bee list for this week:


This week I got a great tip from Anke over at Our Little Piece of Heaven for making homemade dressings. She keeps everything she needs to make the dressings on a lazy-susan in a special location in her kitchen. That way her girls can quickly make a dressing up when cooking. Anke, I think this is a terrific idea and I'll be doing something similar at our homestead!

Over at Thy Hand Hath Provided, I got a great recipe for sour cream pancakes. The best I've ever had. But you'll want to double the recipe if you're feeding more than two and add a bit of milk - I used sour milk and it was awesome!


Soule Mama had a post that I found while researching yesterday's post on storing bread without plastic. If you didn't go over to her site to see these adorable linen tea towel bread bags, you must do so today! I foresee a run on vintage tea towels at the thrift stores!

Finally, over at Backyard Farming, Marisa wrote a piece that included a link to an older post of hers on how to start seeds and make a seed starting rack with florescent lights. This is much cheaper than a lot of commercial see starting racks that can range upwards of $400! 

That's it for me! I can't wait to read your own highlights!










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails