.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Gamma Seal Winner and Homestead Revival News

I know everyone is anxious to hear who won the Gamma Seal 6 Pack, so without further delay, congratulations goes to...

Heather of Mountain Home Quilts


You might enjoy getting to know her a bit. Here's the bio from her blog:


I'm living the dream that I always had as a little girl; to be living in a small town, married to a fantastic man, being a stay at home mom to 4 fabulous children, quilting, garndening, baking and loving life. I am addicted to fabric, anything organic and spening time with my children. I am a homemaker, a gardenmaker, a babymaker, a breadmaker, a quilt maker and certainly a mess maker! How could you not be with 6 people living in a small house? I'm actually pretty proud of myself for staying sane on a daily basis. My goal in life now? To be a Proverbs 31 woman!


Thanks to USA Emergency Supply for sponsoring this great give-away! I hope you'll consider shopping with them when you need emergency or food storage items. I just ordered some additional food grade buckets, gamma seals, mylar bags, and oxygen absorbers to get ready for additional grains I ordered recently. Can you have too much? I don't think so. You can always share! 


If you're a Facebook follower, you know I often give advance notice of give-aways on the Homestead Revival page. Starting today, I'm going to try to post a "Thought of the Day" for discussion. Sometimes it will coincide with the post on the blog, but mostly this will be a quote from another source. I'm constantly reading and thinking "I need to share that thought with my readers", but many times it doesn't work it's way into a post. 


Also, I hope to share some tips and news flash items. For example, the other day, Amazon had Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup on sale. The 32 oz. jug which is normally $32.50 was on sale for less than $17. If you ordered two, you got free shipping, too! Currently it is being offered at $22.50 which is still fairly reasonable... for maple syrup that is (a.k.a. liquid gold).  Anyway, the Facebook status will allow me to get these nuggets out there! So if you're not a Facebook follower, you may wish to start today.


I apologize that I left the old poll up all week. Hopefully some of you were able to take a look at the results. Not too many eating organ meats. Personally, I won't be either. It doesn't matter that it may have reported benefits, nor does my freedom in Christ spur me on to eat this, and not even having grown up eating liver and onions (which I secretly liked)! None of it compels me to start adding this to my diet (Jennifer W., you can thank me on Saturday!). I'm sticking with Old Testament guidelines on this one. It just seems to be the right thing to do. While all things may be permissible, not all things are profitable (despite the science).


I'm starting a new poll today a bit early and it will run through next Saturday. I'll just stir up that microwave controversy a bit more and let you share your opinion on it! Then we'll move on to something else unless I find out something definitive.


I'm still working my way through Real Food by Nina Planck. With the younger girls in swim team, I'm gone three hours most evenings and it's really cramping my style! Nina's chapters are long and full of information, so it's not a quick read. Those of you reading along have probably had time to finish by now! I told you I was slow (but I didn't mean this slow!).  


This weekend I'm going to learn to process meat chickens with my friend Debbie. I'm really excited about this (okay, not the smell; I hear it's horrible), but I want to go through the process before getting my own birds. Hopefully I'll take a few pictures when I can. 


So, what will be going on at your homestead this weekend?







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails