.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why Do You Homestead?

Yes, I really want to know. Not "Do you homestead?", but why? What motivated you to homestead or what makes you want to if you aren't already homesteading? Seriously, I want to know. 




There are lots of reasons why someone might want to return to a more agrarian lifestyle.  For example:


I just love the country and I want to be there all the time. I never was a city girl.
• I love the feeling of being self sufficient. It makes me feel like I have some control over how I live my life!
• I believe it builds character and I want my children to know the satisfaction of good, hard work.
• I'm an animal lover. I need to be around living things.
• I love gardening and playing in the dirt.
• I think it's a healthier way of living; the American food source is less than adequate. 
• I feel the need to be more sustainable; the economic future is uncertain.
• I long to live a simpler lifestyle at a slower pace.
• I feel that homesteading helps me to reconnect with people on a deeper, more meaningful level; it's about community.
• I feel the need to do things from scratch, whether building, cooking, growing, or making something.


Okay, those are just a few reasons. However, I suspect that if you've really got homesteading in your blood, you would say yes to almost every one of the above. So let me rephrase the question and narrow it down for you a bit...


What is it about homesteading that is compelling you to make lifestyle changes right now, in 2010?


If you haven't left a comment before, today would be a great time to join the conversation. Don't hold back - I want to hear what's going on in your heart and why so many are feeling drawn to homesteading. 


Let's talk!





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails