.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How You Can Homestead On A Tenth of An Acre

Yes, it can be done. Homesteading on only 1/10th of an acre. And in the city no less. With a house, chickens, and a garden.


Perhaps you've already seen and heard what the Dervaes family is doing in Pasadena, California on their postage stamp of a yard, but I'm still amazed every time I watch one of the many video clips of this family and their homestead. It's a good reminder for those of us who sometimes think we need a "different" place to live so we can grow something.


Check out this fact page to see exactly what they grow and produce by clicking HERE


If you'd like more information on what you can do on your own small, urban homestead, you might like to read Carleen Madigan's book, The Backyard Homestead (click the link or seem my "books" tab).  


Tomorrow, I will be hosting the first of a once-a-month Homestead Tour so you can get an idea of what others are doing and how. I hope you'll be back because we're headed to one of my favorites homesteads!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails