.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Salad Dressing Recipe Exchange

I've really wanted to move away from purchased, commercial salad dressings and make my own from scratch on a regular basis, but two things need to happen in order for that to take place. First, I need several great recipes that my family can make fairly quickly and easily (recipes which taste really good), and second, I need to have all the supplies on hand and organized.


Photo Credit: wintersoul1


Anke over at Our Little Piece of Heaven had a great idea for keeping all her salad dressing supplies corralled in one place and this inspired me to do the same. Instead of a lazy-susan like Anke's, I just used a basket to hold all my oils, vinegars, and such for dressings. I can simply pull it out of the pantry and then easily return the basket after making up the dressing. When I get my recipes, I plan to put them on laminated 3 x 5 cards with a ring and stick them in the side of the basket. Simple? I think so.




But now I need some recipes. Perhaps you have a really great one and you'd like a few more? Participate in this Salad Dressing Recipe Exchange and we'll all be happily making our own dressings in a jiffy. Give me your best, gals! 


For my own Pesto Salad Dressing Recipe, click HERE!

Salad Dressing Recipe Exchange:

1. Write a blog post with a favorite salad dressing recipe and if you'd like, include the salad recipe as well, if there is one.

2. Include this button on your post - for Mac's just drag it to your desktop and then upload. I need a PC person to tell us how to do it for the PC users!



3. Copy the URL of your post and come back here and add it to the Linky below along with your photo. If you don't have a recipe photo, you can include your profile photo or a photo from your header. 





I can hardly wait to see what kind of salad dressing recipes you'll post!

* This post has been linked to Raising Homemaker's "Homemaking Link-Up Day"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails