.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Inspiration Friday: Fall Foods & Recipes!

With the changing season, different produce will soon be coming from the garden. Time to refresh our menus a bit with some autumn foods and recipes. Pinning is great, but adding them to your Plan To Eat app is even better... easy to upload from any blog or website, drag and drop for menu planning, and a touch of the finger brings up the recipe. I use my ipad (a hand me down!) on a recipe stand on the kitchen island so it's easy to reference while cooking.

Note: click the link below each photo to take you to any articles, recipes, or tutorials.

Here are some new things I'm hoping to accomplish this fall...

foraging food locally...

Photo Credit

or just visit a local orchard and pick your own...

Photo Credit
Photo Credit
I plan to use some of the apples for making dried apple slices. Maybe a little cinnamon and sugar on some. This link uses an oven, but I like to put them in my dehydrator instead.

Photo Credit
I'm still getting tomatoes from the garden, but even if you're harvest is over, perhaps you canned some? I want to try a few of these soup recipes (I always adapt them to make them as healthy as I can)...

Photo Credit
Photo Credit
Photo Credit
And then some non-tomato soups...

Photo Credit
How about a late summer/fall salad? I'll skip the chorizo on this one and add some local raised grass fed beef sweet italian sausage or basil & garlic sausage, but the lentils with tomatoes sound amazing for a hearty fall dish...

Photo Credit
For you bleu cheese lovers, you will NOT be disappointed if you make this salad... I promise!

Photo Credit

Baking in fall is a given! Try my Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles.



Or maybe some Whole Wheat Scones? I have a few other good fall recipes you might like for eggplant and such.

And pies... I always need help to make a good crust!

Photo Credit
Bread baking is so autumn-ish, don't you think? I want to try some San Francisco Sourdough this next month. I already have my starter!

Source Not Found
Good pizzas will make for great fall fare. The second link has over 40 different topping ideas!

Source Not Found












Photo Credit
Seriously, I could go on all day. Better stop before we all gain 10 pounds just drooling at the screen. Sometimes I think that actually happens!

What's your favorite fall food?


Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails